Tuesday, July 13, 2010

toe

Takaaki Mino (Guitar),
Satoshi Yamane (Bass),
Takashi Kashikura (Drums),
Hirokazu Yamazaki (Guitar).

post-rock / math rock band from Japan. It's simply perfection. What they have released on record and film is incredible.

Burke (roommate) and I would literally both day dream about being in toe. We would listen to their entire record in Burke's room while working on projects. Then go downstairs to play music, letting our possessed bodies take over. In a way we would try to almost imitate their style. Trying to get our timing, riffs and changes in unison.
Photobucket Photobucket

"The Book About My Idle Plot on a Vague Anxiety" was released in 2005. This is my favorite toe album. It is completely instrumental, whether your angry, sad, happy or bored. This album will help you get into the right mindset. They also released a dvd titled RGBDVD which basically has most of the songs in "The Book About My Idle Plot on a Vague Anxiety". After listening to their studio album and then seeing it done live. Fucking christ! Their performance was a slap in the face, of course they're that good. I'm sure that was their point.

The members of toe have started their own record label called Machu Picchu-Industrias. The bands signed are all equally amazing. Mouse On The Keys, Enemies, and toe. I will post a blog for each of these other bands very soon. I hope you will give toe a listen and check out the stuff they put out. Below I have two videos from the RGBDVD and if you would like to download my favorite album then just click on the album cover above. enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment