Saturday, July 17, 2010

James K. Polk & The Family of Friends


FOOD PERMIT
(SJR-001)

James K. Polk & The Family of Friends is:
Michael Dailey Toliver, sometimes accompanied by friends.
From Charlotte, North Carolina. 

      For me (Diego) it all started @ Lunchbox Records located in Downtown Charlotte, NC.
A local show with local bands played that night. I remember Mikey's Band A-Priori played and after Dailey came out with an acoustic guitar. He said "I'm gonna play a few songs for you, I hope you don't mind" then said something like "Last time I played was at this bowling alley, they kicked me off before i had finished my set". Anyways, He began playing his songs and immediately I was blown away by the music, the words and specially by his performance. Right after Dailey's set was done I went up to him and thanked him for playing. I told him how much I loved his songs and he was happy to hear that. We spoke a little about possibly playing shows together in the near future so, we exchanged contacts. 

Kevin Slug's Revenge, and I Armed Metropolis had booked our second tour. It kicked off in Charlotte, NC at this house called The Tank. It was us two, Tea and Rice which featured Dailey, Mikey, Vinny and Danny and James K. Polk & The Family of Friends. It was a great show with an awesome turn out. After the show Dailey Came up to me and gave me his first Demo with three songs he had recorded in his room. I listened to the cd over and over until I could sing along to all the words. I messaged Dailey soon after our show and asked him to join SawJaw Collective. Dailey was very excited and thrilled that I had asked him to be part of SawJaw. He was a fan of all the artists on the label. I told him that he should come on tour with us whenever he was available. What I have forgotten to mention is that Dailey is 14 years old at this time, I believe he was also a freshman in High School. So, touring was something he really needed to think about. 

I had asked Dailey if he would consider releasing a record with a few songs on SawJaw. He said that he would love to and on March of 2007 he came to Savannah to personally give me FOOD PERMIT. Dailey had made the artwork and insert himself. The record has seven songs that were all written by Dailey. It's the first official SawJaw release (SJR-001). Truly one of the best record I've ever heard.
I was Ecstatic! to be releasing Food Permit under SawJaw Records. Dailey went on to tour the east coast with label mates Slug's Revenge, Whiskey Smile!, Thimble Wit and Screamin' J. Coleman.
Dailey also toured with The Skunk Ape Circus Tour in 2007.

James K. Polk & The Family of Friends, has a split 7" w/Wingnut Dishwasher's Union.
Released 2008 by Triumph of Life Records. It's only $4 and it's Awesome! 

Dailey no longer goes by James K. Polk and The Family of Friends.
He has started other projects such as On Wonderful Jonathen, Amandafujikawa and Cowboy Crisis.
I will post on Blog about On Wonderful Jonathen soon. Thanks

PhotobucketPhotobucket
1. Your Room As A Rebel
2. Dead Asleep
3. For Taylor
4. Lazy Sleeping
5. Sadie
6. Exit For Gold Friends
7. 3 a.m

SRJ-001 (2007)

DOWNLOAD - Mediafire link available!



No comments:

Post a Comment