Sunday, August 22, 2010

Merel

Jose Ruiz - Vocals
Mike Solski - Guitar
Jon Ariz - Guitar
David Leto - Bass
Greg Leto - Drums

From New Jersey

My friend David handed me this sick 12'' vinyl after I mentioned something about my interest in indigenous cultures. The record had great artwork and the lyrics were powerful and emotion. "The capture of the shipwreck by the floridian indians", I can't really remember but I think that was the album title. Anyways,  He introduced me to Merel. I had never heard of them before, and I was very surprised. Merel is a hardcore screamo punk band from New Jersey formed in the early '90s. They were loud and abrasive, but who from New Jersey isn't? The members of Merel went on to form the Rye Coalition. Below I have their 15-tracks discography released by Gern Blandsten Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment